Friday, December 16, 2005

Quizzes and paranoia

Another quiz gone..this was of principal importance.. worth 10 marks and could make or break the grade..the topper is about 10 marks ahead of me and I shouldnt allow him anymore leeway if I intend to get an 8 and have a shy at 9.. .. hmm luckily we both made mistakes so the difference remains.. cant help kicking myself for losing such a golden opportunity.. the Prof is an ass hole..what more can I say.. gave two long questions and 20 minutes..plus he wants two page full of the process.. Christ!! .........over 9 steps to be explained before i actually calculate the answer, by the time i reached the main part i forgot what i intended to do with those 6-7 numbers... and when I took an extra sheet to answer all he can say is "no essays".. no wonder he is an asshole...
well I consider him one of the nicer ones around..though repeaters say that he was responsible for many of them repeating this year.. some profs are like.. "ok u guys are not listening to me..so I will take a quiz or a grand viva".. or "why dont u all guys divide urself in groups of 5 and give presentation on each chapter of teh book".. or "why doesnt the class come up with 1080 MCQs( multiple choice questions for the uninitiated) that comes to about 27 each from 10 chapters and then interact among urself to see that they are unique and then submit them to me..if I like them I would include them in the paper"..so sweet of him..the bloody asshole cant think of better ways to make us go in riddles verifying the 27 unique questions..
all this comes with the IIM tag i guess...but its upsetting sometimes to see guys who had come here with high hopes of doing well breaking up and compromising to become average students here..first their dream broke during summers and now all these painstaking "assignments" which piece by piece take away ur sanity... believe me even as small as 2 marks are very important... unless ofcourse u have done well in mid term..but in that case u need to protect ur lead..so still keep working hard...
got to go now..another class about to start because another sadist prof wants to see how our entrepreunerial venture is coming up..yes he made us start our own company with website et al... ours is a event managemnet firm..more about it later.. me following policy of ignoring profs.. hopefully they also ignore me and i get out of this stupid place with atleast all the things that I had when i first come here..

6 comments:

rākeśvara said...

Ooops,
finally an interesting insight into IIM life. Meaning the kind of stuff junta would be expecting from your blog. Ofcourse the remaining ones also help prove that even iimers are ordinary ppl.

Could not help noticing how you call your profs assholes, and could not help comparing with how paro would write such a thing in a very correct way. I feel its your selling point with the ladies. keep it up.

Btw. I really envy my profs here. they are so good, so understanding and so cool. Its amazing, not saying this to drive a point, but just felt like mentioning it.

Sad to know that life in IIM is so like what it is, wondering how Shameel is having a good time, when you can not. Life is sure ironic :-)

Rupak said...

Good Time?
How do you define good time..playing football? thats not my idea of a good time.. well maybe I should have mentioned the good times we have had here but then I focus on those parts that are going wrong..Focus? I have focus.. my aim requires me to achieve a little more than what I am currently getting and hence the frustration..ofcourse your profs would be much better than those here..but let me tell u something.. the better profs give a lot of pain..the profs who dont know much dont torture u much also.. so i guess having a bad prof is not a really bad idea

rākeśvara said...

Should have been more careful writing my goddamn comment, knowing your lousy attitude to compare everything. Chill dude.

I clearly mentioned that " not saying this to drive a point, but just felt like mentioning it." Its not my mistake that my profs both know their stuff very well and they are so down to earth, happy and co-operative. Sorry for having a good time here with them.

Regarding Shameel, I just meant that he is enjoying the system there much more than I expected him to. And you find it less homely than I expected you to.

Rupak said...

maybe i find it less homely because I dont find the excessive competition and stuff doing me any good.. I know what you will say but its a fact of life that after a point u would want to emulate what other people do.. I agree that Gatech has better professors..
and I agree that Shammel wud definitely be having a good time...

Smitha said...

btw u blog-author how come u havent written a single blog in the two days tht u whiled away in the insti??

Smitha said...

i wasn staring at those guys..i jus looked arnd to see if anyone had caught me in the act of 'eavesdropping' on the other guys game!!!