Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Summer Internship

Going through my internship I am not able to figure out how I should react or feel.
I am in Mumbai for the third time in my life but the earlier occasions were so short that they barely count. For guys like me who have big round eyes that can rotate at every possible angle Mumbai is a city full of good ‘sights’..(will recount some in a later blog) so Mumbai is heaven but then I am away from my gal (cant say whether its good or bad but atleast I could have gone to all the discs and pubs where stag entry is not allowed)

One thing I can say is that summer internship in ICICI Prudential is great. Maybe its coz my expectations were too low but then they treat us like royalty and we indulge ourselves fully… I got a live project in which I have to interact with the business process team (operations) and the IT team so as to evaluate a DSS system for the firm and draw out an implementation plan and ROI.. good for me as I feel if I had a chance of a PPO then this should be it ( but then not an ideal situation when everything depends on you and you cant blame fate or some one else)..
With a TBLA project on general insurance sector and now summer internship in life insurance, my baptism with insurance has come a full circle. I do have some notions about this sector in India.. As of now I don’t feel that my future lies in this sector but then one can never say… learning as much as possible and enjoying the experience is now the paramount objective..let God take care of the rest

P.S.
DSS: Decision support system
ROI: Return on investment
PPO: Pre placement offer
TBLA: Tata Business Leadership Awards

No comments: