Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mumbai Chronicles: First weekend

Actually I came on a Sunday itself (9th April)… had no place to stay so called up a friend who was staying in the hostel that our famed campus had allotted for us (future CEOs they call us)… the hostel had the most pathetic rooms ever witnessed.. reminded me of those decrepit rooms shown in bengali movies (forget it if u haven’t seen them) and the toilets stank and the water had a bad taste that made one vomit..such was the first impression.. but then one cannot wish for a better location in the city..on one side you have churchgate station where every train starts empty and other side you have marine drive..a haven for love (read lusty) couples and a good place for single guys (or guys whose gals are in some other cities) to gawk..
Ok so now that I have given you a good background let me begin with the recital..actually nothing much infact.. we just decided that we could go to Gateway of India and see that place as it was close by.. frankly I was more enamored by the Taj Mahal hotel there which I believe has robbed the GOI of some of its glory… it was so crowded that I had to walk with my hand on my butt to check my purse at all times..we decided to take a trip on the streamer for half an hour .. I think those 30 minutes passed very quickly and it was a thoroughly joyous time…(we made exotic plans of booking a cruise and having a party on it for a few hours).. the next two hours were spent in idling about looking for suitable place to eat.. finally we went to Leopold which was pretty much a happening place.. (must visit for people who visit colaba) and ate keema at Bade Miya.. finally reached back at 11 but only after finishing the ritual of ogling at gals on marine drive..

No comments: